Sandon Hall in Staffordshire was originally built in 1848 and is the ancestral home of Lord Harrowby.
In 1865 a classical Victorian conservatory was added, it was designed by the acclaimed Henry Stevens of Derby and included elaborate ironwork and a beautiful, decorative Minton tiled floor.
After 140 years of wear and tear, the floor was in need of considerable restoration and repair under the watchful eye of English Heritage.
We manufactured over 20,000 cut geometric tiles which were combined with encaustic decorative inserts many of which were rescued from the original floor.
Original Victorian tile-making techniques were used and all the colours were faithfully matched to the original floor.